MCLC: HK PolyU positions

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 1 09:19:50 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
HK PolyU positions
Search for Head of Department of Chinese Culture and
Chair Professor of Chinese Culture
It is with the greatest pleasure that we bring to your attention the openings of the following two posts at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU):
(1)  Head of Department of Chinese Culture; and
(2)  Chair Professor of Chinese Culture
The University is now inviting applications or nominations from renowned scholars for the said Headship and Chair Professorship.  Details of the posts are set out in the attached two post specifications which are also available at
http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/external_adv/deans-heads.php (for post 1) and http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/external_adv/academic.php (for post 2).
PolyU is a government-funded tertiary institution in Hong Kong with a total student headcount of about 32,230.  It offers programmes at various levels including Doctorate, Master's and Bachelor's degrees and has a full-time academic staff strength of around 1,200.  The total consolidated expenditure budget of the University is close to HK$5.5 billion (US$705 million) per year.
PolyU is fully committed to academic excellence in a professional context with a view to designing, developing and delivering application-oriented education and training programmes.  Its vision is to become a leading university that excels in professional education, applied research and partnership for the betterment of Hong Kong, the Chinese mainland and the world.   We cordially invite you to visit our website at http://www.polyu.edu.hk and http://www.polyu.edu.hk/cc for more information on PolyU and the Department of Chinese Culture, respectively.
The Department of Chinese Culture is a developing academic department within the Faculty of Humanities.  Its main charge is to offer high-quality teaching and research programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the areas of Chinese Classics, Literature, History, Philosophy, Religion and Arts.  Currently the Department offers PhD, MPhil, taught-master, and minor degree programmes in Chinese Culture, a major degree programme in Bilingual Interdisciplinary Chinese Studies, and university-wide general education courses.  The media of instruction are English and Putonghua.
Should these opportunities be of interest to you, please send us your application by email to hrsccc at polyu.edu.hk (for post 1) or search.chairprof-cc at polyu.edu.hk (for post 2) on or before 15 October 2015.  Any nominations for these opportunities would also be much appreciated.  To make a nomination, kindly let us have the information about the nominee such as his/her affiliated institution and curriculum vitae, if available, on or before 15 October 2015.  We would also be grateful for your assistance in forwarding this message to esteemed scholars whom you are acquainted with, or spreading the news to your peers.
We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
Yours truly
Professor Chu Hung-lam
Chairman
Search Committee for the recruitment of