MCLC: Last little empress

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 30 08:50:56 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Last little empress
Children, teenagers and young adults writing poetry receive very much attention in China nowadays. Maybe this is a by-product of the One-Child-Policy, finally ending now. So much grief and terror. So much precociousness. China's magnified Me-Generation. Mingzhi, naughtiest child-star of Yi Sha's NPC (New Century Poetry Canon) dashed off another masterpiece yesterday in her lunch break, modestly called ME. You can see the original in the author's own hand on my blog (http://banianerguotoukeyihe.com/2015/10/30/me-%E8%8C%97%E8%8A%9D-written-on-the-day-china-ended-the-one-child-policy/). Click on the pictures and meet the NPC crowd on Weibo.
ME
By Ming Zhi
I am so beautiful,
noble and tall.
I have so much money.
I am so clever,
lovely and cute,
naive and adorable.
I am so innocent.
My emotional competence is so high,
just like my IQ.
I am 100 % natural Liu Mingzhi.
Producers are Liu Tengyun, Huang Danzhe.
Raw ingredients semen and egg.
I’m a limited edition.
They don’t produce them anymore.
10/29/15
Tr. MW, 10/30/15
[Written on the day China ended the one-child policy]
Cheers,
Martin Winter <dujuan99 at gmail.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 30, 2015