MCLC: New ACCL president

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 5 05:31:52 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
New ACCL president
Dear Colleagues,
I am writing with pleasure to inform you that Professor Carlos Rojas at Duke University will be the new president of the Association of Chinese and Comparative Literature (ACCL) for the 2015-2017 term. The decision is based upon the wide consensus we received after the circulation of his statement and biography ten days ago, as well as upon consultation with past ACCL presidents. Professor Rojas is not only a prolific scholar, but also has considerable experience organizing conferences and has contributed greatly to the field. We are all grateful to him for his willingness to serve as the President of ACCL. We are certain that under his leadership, our next ACCL conference in 2017 will be a great success.
Meanwhile, I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to express my gratitude to many of you (our past ACCL presidents in particular) who gave me advice and helped me in various different ways over the past two years. I am happy to return to my quiet scholarly life. Thank you! I wish you all a wonderful fall!
Best Regards,
Shengqing Wu
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 5, 2015