MCLC: Asymptote translation contest

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 23 10:31:30 EST 2015

MCLC LIST
Asymptote translation contest
Calling all emerging Chinese-English translators: submit to Asymptote's $4,500 translation contest today We're awarding first prizes of $1,000 in three categories: fiction, poetry and a new category this year—nonfiction. $500 will also be awarded to one runner-up in each category. Judges are Michael Hofmann (poetry), Ottilie Mulzet (fiction) and Margaret Jull Costa (nonfiction). The deadline (15 Dec, 2015) is fast approaching, so hurry!
Details of the contest can be found here: http://asymptotejournal.com/contest
Find the winners of our previous contest (and the citations of our two judges, Howard Goldblatt and Eliot Weinberger) here: http://tinyurl.com/nbs5teb
In addition, we're very pleased to announce a new monthly column by Daniel Hahn: "Ask a Translator." Anyone who'd like to pose a translation-related question should email: askatranslator at asymptotejournal.com.
Here's an example of the newsletter, which we recently relaunched in a new, attractive format: http://tinyurl.com/pdpafbm
Sign up for our newsletter here: http://www.asymptotejournal.com/newsletter-signup/
Don't forget to check out our new issue, available for free here: http://asymptotejournal.com
Chinese highlights include
essays by Chen Li (http://www.asymptotejournal.com/nonfiction/chen-li-two-lyric-essays/)
poetry by Ya Shi (http://www.asymptotejournal.com/poetry/ya-shi-floral-mutter/)
Dylan Suher's review of Kong Shangren's The Peach Blossom Fan (http://www.asymptotejournal.com/criticism/kung-shang-jen-the-peach-blossom-fan/)
and an extensive Hong Kong Poetry Feature curated by Chenxin Jiang, gathering poets Tang Siu Wa, Lok Fung, Eric Lui, Lau Yee-Ching, Yau Ching, Chung Kwok Keong, and translated by Eleanor Goodman, Nicholas Wong, Canaan Morse, Chenxin Jiang, Steve Bradbury, Emily Jones and Sophie Smith.
Watch this issue's video trailer here: https://youtu.be/vbh7MV6098E
Want to support us? Please consider a donation here:
http://www.asymptotejournal.com/donate.php
Keep up with daily updates about world literature at our blog here: http://asymptotejournal.com/blog
We're recruiting! Available openings here: http://www.asymptotejournal.com/join.php
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Asymptotejournal