MCLC: Poem for Zhang Liumao

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 6 09:17:00 EST 2015

MCLC LIST
Poem for Zhang Liumao
Yesterday I chanced upon a message on Twitter about a man who died in police custody in Guangzhou. There were many postings, some with photos. One person had posted two poems, apparently by different authors. I translated the first one I saw. Then I copied the pictures of the original poem and put it all on my blog.
The information that comes out in the poem may not be entirely correct. There was another posting that said Zhang Liumao was not cremated before the family was notified.
Here is the poem in English:
Xiaoqiong
GRASS-MUD-HORSE
They say cursing isn’t right;
if you curse other people you have no breeding, no education.
I am fearful,
have to be very careful
to be a tasteful woman
in front of their eyes.