MCLC: The coming Chinese crackup (5)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Mar 14 11:01:50 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
The coming Chinese crackup (5)
Predicting the future of a nation may be closer to the cold reading of a psychic who stands in front of an audience and says “Someone in the audience has lost a relative recently, I am hearing a name beginning with G . . .” The replies make the prognostication valid or invalid. Then again, as William Blake put it: “Every honest man is a Prophet he utters his opinion both of private & public matters.” Every statement, every point of view emerges from a relative position of power and represents a type of discourse. If I dismiss what you say, I am taking a position.
Sean Macdonald <smacdon2005 at gmail.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on March 14, 2015