MCLC: Paper Republic, July 2015

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 16 10:20:40 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Paper Republic, July 2015
The first five stories are up on Paper Republic and free to view:
(5) "Mister Lover" by Wang Xiaobo, translated by Eric Abrahamsen
http://paper-republic.org/pubs/read/mister-lover/
(4) "Binary" by Zhang Yueran, translated by Jeremy Tiang
http://paper-republic.org/pubs/read/binary/
(3) "January: Bridges" by Dorothy Tse, translated by Nicky Harman
http://paper-republic.org/pubs/read/bridges/
(2) "The Road to the Weeping Spring", by Li Juan, translated by Lucy Johnston
http://paper-republic.org/pubs/read/the-road-to-the-weeping-spring/
(1) "Who's Speaking Please?" by A Yi, translated by Michelle Deeter
http://paper-republic.org/pubs/read/whos-speaking-please/
Special feature
No. 3 featured in a special event "The Story of a Story" in which Dorothy Tse (writer), Nicky Harman (translator) and Dave Haysom (editor) discussed the process of how the story was created, translated, and edited for publication. There's a write-up (with power-point slides) by Nicky on the Free Word Centre blog, and a video of the whole event.
https://www.freewordcentre.com/blog/2015/07/the-story-of-a-story/
About Read Paper Republic
We at Paper Republic are a collective of literary translators, promoting new Chinese fiction in translation. Our new initiative, Read Paper Republic, is for readers who wonder what new Chinese fiction in English translation has to offer and would like to dip a toe in the water. Between 18th June 2015 and 16th June 2016, we are publishing a complete free-to-view short story (or essay or poem) by a contemporary Chinese writer, one per week for a year, 52 in total. Readers can browse them for free, on their computer, tablet or phone. http://paper-republic.org/pubs/read/
Helen Wang
by denton.2 at osu.edu on July 16, 2015