MCLC: Chinese Studies Research Group, Feb. meeting

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 29 10:22:08 EST 2015

MCLC LIST
Chinese Studies Research Group, Feb. meeting
From: Melissa Dale <mdale3 at usfca.edu>
Feb. 7th Chinese Studies Research Group (SF Bay Area) Meeting
The University of San Francisco Center for Asia Pacific Studies welcomes interested faculty, independent scholars and graduate students to join us on Saturday, Feb. 7th for our 2nd meeting of the 2014-15 academic year.
This is group is designed to create a sense of community among scholars of Chinese Studies in the SF Bay Area.  Our meetings are an opportunity to hear and discuss interesting research in progress from one faculty member and one doctoral candidate and to network with people with similar interests.
On Saturday, Feb. 7th we will meet from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Speakers present their research for 25-30 minutes and then answer questions for 20-25 minutes for a total of (50 minutes).
We have two very interesting talks lined up for this meeting (see details below).
Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015, 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
University of San Francisco, Fromm Hall, Maier Room
“Westphalia in early 20th century southwest China”
Scott Relyea
Assistant Professor, Chinese History, Department of History, Hamline University
“The Mongolian Frontier and The Rise of Big Business in the Qing Empire”
George Zhijian Qiao
PhD Student, Department of History, Stanford University
Please feel free to share this message with your colleagues and interested graduate students.
RSVPs are helpful (as this allows us to plan for refreshments) but are not required.
To RSVP please click  here.
Admission is free
For a campus map of the University of San Francisco, click here:
http://www.usfca.edu/campusmap/
by denton.2 at osu.edu on January 29, 2015