MCLC: Bowdoin position

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 21 09:17:25 EST 2015

MCLC LIST
Bowdoin position
The Asian Studies Program of Bowdoin College invites applications for a one-year leave replacement lecturer position in Chinese Language, beginning July 1 2015.  The position is full time and carries a teaching load of five language courses over the academic year. We are seeking a dynamic individual with native or near-native fluency in Mandarin; an M.A. in Applied Linguistics, Language Pedagogy, Second Language Acquisition, or related areas in Chinese Studies; and teaching experience at the college level in the United States, particularly first and third year Chinese. Responsibilities also include individual sessions with students, supplementary material preparation, and participation in the weekly Chinese language table and related cultural activities.
Bowdoin College accepts only electronic submissions. Please visit https://careers.bowdoin.edu to submit a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information for two people who have agreed to provide letters of reference. A language-teaching demonstration video/DVD may be requested after initial review of application materials. Review of applications will begin on February 20th, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
A highly selective liberal arts college on the Maine coast with a diverse student body made up of 31% students of color, 5% international students and approximately 15% first-generation college students, Bowdoin College is committed to equality and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural, socio-economic, and ethnic diversity of our college. Bowdoin College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, religion, creed, ancestry, national and ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, or veteran status in employment, or in our education programs. For further information about the College please visit our website: http://www.bowdoin.edu.
by denton.2 at osu.edu on January 21, 2015