MCLC: Maya Angelou quote (2)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Apr 9 12:08:03 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Maya Angelou quote (2)
Thank you to all who have responded to my query. Many of you have pointed me to sources about the unveiling of the Maya Angelou stamp and the controversy over the attribution of this quote to her, when it appears to come from the poet Josh Walsh Anglund. It is this controversy that seems to be behind the original query, which I posted on someone else’s behalf.
Two responders have suggested the phrase 不鸣则已,一鸣惊人 as a possible source for the “Angelou” quote, but both also recognize that the two phrases are by no means equal in meaning.
Thanks again,
Kirk
by denton.2 at osu.edu on April 9, 2015