MCLC: Chinese Literature Today 4.1

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 23 09:36:38 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
Chinese Literature Today 4.1
Dear MCLC readers,
I would like to invite you all to check out the new issue of Chinese Literature Today (http://www.ou.edu/clt/ ) which celebrates the work of Taiwanese poet Yang Mu—the last winner of the Newman Prize—and of Ge Fei—one of China’s most influential fiction writers. Our special section devoted to Chinese minority poetry and poetics, guest edited by Mark Bender invites readers to delve into work by poets from Yi-Nuosu, Wa, Mongol, Tujia, and Hanni communities. CLT also honors the life of C. T. Hsia—a scholar often called the father of modern Chinese literary studies in the United States—by inviting his students and colleagues to share their memories of a man whose work shaped a discipline and impacted all who knew him.
Onward,
Jonathan Stalling
Deputy Editor in Chief, Chinese Literature Today
by denton.2 at osu.edu on September 23, 2014