MCLC: Revolutionary Cycles in Chinese Cinema

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 3 09:50:05 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
Revolutionary Cycles in Chinese Cinema
From: Zhuoyi Wang (zwang at hamilton.edu)
Dear Colleagues, It is my pleasure to announce the publication of my book, Revolutionary Cycles in Chinese Cinema, 1951-1979. Revolutionary Cycles in Chinese Cinema, 1951-1979 by Zhuoyi Wang. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, July 17, 2014. (292 pages) ISBN-10: 1137378735 ISBN-13: 978-1137378736
Abstract: A comprehensive history of how the conflicts and balances of power in the Maoist revolutionary campaigns from 1951 to 1979 complicated and diversified the meanings of films, this book offers a discursive study of the development of early PRC cinema. Wang closely investigates how film artists, Communist Party authorities, cultural bureaucrats, critics, and audiences negotiated, competed, and struggled with each other for the power to decide how to use films and how their extensively different, agonistic, and antagonistic power strategies created an ever-changing discursive network of meaning in cinema.
Best regards, Zhuoyi Wang
by denton.2 at osu.edu on September 3, 2014