MCLC: TAP Review fall 2014

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Oct 25 10:19:50 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
TAP Review fall 2014
The Fall 2014 issue of the Trans-Asia Photography Review, guest edited by Anthony W. Lee on the theme of “Photography and Diaspora,” is now available at <http://tapreview.org>.
Table of contents:
Thy Phu, Diasporic Vietnamese Family Photographs, Orphan Images, and the Art of Recollection
ShiPu Wang, Going “Native” in an American Borderland: Frank S. Matsura’s Photographic Miscegenation
Deepali Dewan, We’ll Take Your Artifacts but Not Your People: The Komagata Maru in Canada’s South Asian Diasporic History
Joshua Chambers-Letson, ‘A Weak Messianic Power’: Yamashiro Chikako’s “Your Voice Came Out Through My Throat”
Susette Min, Speculative Frameworks: Approaching the Interwar Years Work of Shinsaku Izumi and Nakaji Yasui
Photography and Diaspora: A roundtable with Pok Chi Lau, Surendra Lawoti, and Wei Leng Tay, moderated by Anthony W. Lee
Young Min Moon, Yearning for Home: Representation of North Koreans in the Work of Kim Insook
Vuth Lyno, Traversing Expanses: The Cambodian-American Diaspora Experience in the Work of Pete Pin, Amy Lee Sanford, and Seoun Som
Geoffrey Batchen, A Report: Garden of the East: Photography in Indonesia 1850s-
1940s
Questions or comments can be sent to the editor, Sandra Matthews, at editor at tapreview.org.
Sandra Matthews
Associate Professor of Film and Photography
Hampshire College
Amherst, MA 01002, USA
Editor, Trans-Asia Photography Review
tapreview.org