MCLC: Memory, Subjectivity and Independent Chinese Cinema

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 24 10:17:36 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
Memory, Subjectivity and Independent Chinese Cinema
Dear MCLC colleagues and friends,
I’m happy to announce the publication of my first book: Memory, Subjectivity and Independent Chinese Cinema, Edinburgh Studies in East Asian Film, Edinburgh UP, 2014.
It is comprehensive and in-depth, covering major narrative features, independent documentaries, and experimental videos, and offering analyses of directors such as Jiang Wen, Jia Zhangke, Lou Ye, Cui Zi’en, Wang Bing and quite a few others.
I hope that you find the book, either in its entirety or in selected chapters, a good source for thinking and teaching on the subject of contemporary, (independent) Chinese cinema and culture.
For the book’s description, contents, and review:
http://global.oup.com/academic/product/memory-subjectivity-and-independent-chinese-cinema-9780748692330;jsessionid=CAD8B559BB3A3CB31FF17CED39298E25?cc=us&lang=en&#
For a sample chapter, the Introduction:
http://www.euppublishing.com/userimages/ContentEditor/1411375736817/wang%20extract.pdf
Thank you and very best,