MCLC: Alberta MA program seeking students

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 6 09:39:43 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
Alberta MA program seeking students
Dear Colleagues,
I would appreciate your help in making promising undergraduate students aware of my department’s M.A. program, which is actively looking to increase applications from outside Canada. The University of Alberta’s Department of East Asian Studies has a 30-year history, with current research strengths in Chinese and Japanese linguistics, art history and religion, and premodern Chinese and Japanese literature.  In addition to strong library collections, our university also has unique strengths in China, such as the well-funded and independent China Institute of the University of Alberta, and the Mactaggart collection (one of the top collections of late-imperial Chinese art and artifacts in North America).  Tuition is very reasonable by international standards ($5,433/year), and we are often able to offer M.A. students funding packages including tuition remission and modest stipends. For more information, please direct students to visit our website (www.eastasianstudies.ualberta.ca), or to email us at eastasia.grad at ualberta.ca. Thanks very much for your help, and best wishes, Daniel Fried, Associate Chair (Graduate) Department of East Asian Studies, University of Alberta
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 6, 2014