MCLC: China Dreams and the Road to Revival (3)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 26 08:17:18 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
China Dreams and the Road to Revival (3)
The China Dreamers film is nicely done.  Particularly quotable was the remark of a twenty-something woman working in Beijing:
“Our generation has higher expectations. We need more freedom. We need freedom to imagine things, freedom to develop. But in real life, we get neither.”
Perhaps in Chinese discourse the word “development” is starting to take on a wider meaning than it has generally had up to now.
A. E. Clark <aec at raggedbanner.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on November 26, 2014