MCLC: Translating China in a Globalized World

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 5 08:42:29 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
Translating China in a Globalized World
Translating Greater China in a Globalized World:  Howard Goldblatt & Andrea Lingenfelter
Thursday, November 06, 2014
5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
University of San Francisco, Fromm Hall 115, Berman Room
Join us for a conversation with two award-winning translators as they discuss the rewards and challenges of translating fiction and poetry from the Chinese-speaking world in the new millennium. World-renowned translator Howard Goldblatt has published over thirty works of Chinese fiction into English including Red Sorghum (Mo Yan), My Life as Emperor (Su Tong), Playing for Thrills (Wang Shuo), and Notes of a Desolate Man (Chu T’ien-wen). Andrea Lingenfelter, USF Kiriyama Fellow (2013-14), has translated Farewell My Concubine (Lilian Lee), Candy (Mian Mian), The Last Princess of Manchuria (Lilian Lee), The Changing Room (Zhai Yongming), and composed the subtitles for Chen Kaige’s 2006 film, Temptress Moon.
Thank you,
Melissa Dale
by denton.2 at osu.edu on November 5, 2014