MCLC: dyed hair and voiceovers?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 31 09:19:15 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Costas Kouremenos <enaskitis at gmail.com>
Subject: dyed hair and voiceovers?

Maybe list members have answers on two questions I have:

1) Almost all Chinese officials have dyed black hair, whatever their age.
Is this a directive or something? It's so universal that it makes me
wonder.

2) I've been following Xi Jinping's visit to Europe on CCTV 4 and I get
never to hear his voice. There's always a woman speaking and we only see
his image. Only once (yesterday) did I hear his voice, during a speech in
Germany, but then again there was a continuous voice-over. Is this
general? And why?

Thank you
Costas Kouremenos