MCLC: MLA 2015 poetry panel--cfp

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 17 09:30:52 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: paulmanfredi <paulmanfredi at yahoo.com>
Subject: MLA 2015 poetry panel--cfp

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to solicit papers to fill out a special session panel for
up-coming MLA. The topic is "Contemporary Chinese Poetry and the Other
Arts," and we already have a few excellent papers lined up. Current
coverage includes Xi Chuan and his works relationship to Sixth Generation
filmmaking, particularly that of Jia Zhangke, and Yu Jian in broad-based
analysis of his poetry's informational versus aesthetic dimensions in a
big data, surveillance context. We will also have discussion of
contemporary painter-poets Yan Li, Mang Ke, Sun Lei and others. We would
be delighted to receive abstracts concerning any aspect of contemporary
Chinese poetry in its relationship to other artistic media.

Send abstracts of 250 words by April 1 directly to Paul Manfredi at
manfredi at plu.edu

Thank you,

Paul Manfredi
Associate Professor of Chinese