MCLC: politics, literature, and culture (7,8)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Mar 15 10:19:02 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: sean macdonald <smacdon2005 at gmail.com>
Subject: politics, literature, and culture (7)

I recall sometime back a suggestion that we refer to other posts instead
of the author? I think we would all agree the situation is serious
nowadays. As a bystander watching most of this on my computer and on TV
when stories come up, I hope for some degree of fairness on both sides and
a de-escalation of violence from all parties (even though we are not
really sure of the parties involved).

I respect my colleagues and fellow posters on thise very valuable
resource. And with all due respect, our differences about culture and
politics is probably not going to affect the current unfolding situations
in the world. But we may affect each other.

Peace,

Sean

From: Martin Winter <dujuan99 at gmail.com>
Subject: politics, literature, and culture (8)

Mr Pickering should read an entire essay by Wang Lixiong in the original
language before making such judgements. Not just excerpts from a newspaper
article. Shouldn't this be a principle?

Martin