MCLC: man behind Pleco (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 30 08:35:12 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Anne Mclaren <a.mclaren at unimelb.edu.au>
Subject: man behind Pleco (1)

I echo the sentiments of Kevin Lawrence.

We have recommended Pleco to our students at the University of Melbourne,
Australia. In some subjects we have provided an online course reader so
that students can read this material with electronic tools and make their
own electronic flashcards. The students are very appreciative.  Pleco can
provide voice over for an individual expression or a complete paragraph.
We find it doesn't take the place of customised glosses for literary
texts; nor does  it explicate grammar, but is terrific for enabling a
student to gain confidence in reading on their own.

Anne McLaren,  Chinese Studies
Asia Institute, University of Melbourne