MCLC: Chinese Film Fest Studies, July 2014

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 31 10:22:28 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Luke Robinson <lahrobinson at me.com>
Subject: Chinese Film Fest Studies, July 2014

Dear List Members,

We have another brief round-up notice detailing updates to the Chinese
Film Festival Studies website

http://www.chinesefilmfeststudies.org/

In the past month, we’ve added the following material:

NEWS: In July, media in and outside China reported that the county of
Anji, in Zhejiang Province, announced that it would be partnering with the
Cannes Film Festival to build a new "film city". Inevitably, this will
apparently include an international film festival. We link on the website
to the original China Daily report on this project. In addition, Chris
Berry, one of the original network project, has just published a review in
Senses of Cinema of this year's Far East Film Festival, which took place
between April and May in Udine, Italy. We have a link to the report on the
website.

ARCHIVE: With the help of Meng Jing, we have now compiled a bibliography
of writing in Chinese on Chinese film festivals, covering academic and
non-academic writing. This file can now be accessed under the Archives
section of the website. This bibliography is partial and ongoing, and is
primarily derived from searches of academic databases, film journals, and
online search engines. If you have suggestions for articles, blog posts or
commentary that we have missed, please contact us directly so that we can
update it!

Thank you,

Chris Berry and Luke Robinson