MCLC: character conversion problem?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 21 09:04:48 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Nick Kaldis <nkaldis at gmail.com>
Subject: character conversion problem?

I'm wondering if any list members have had difficulties with converting
traditional Chinese characters to simplified and vice versa, after
converting to Maverick (10.9.3) on a Mac. Can this be fixed?

The discussion boards don't have any decent solutions.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Chinese conversion between traditional and simplified
<https://discussions.apple.com/message/24006007#24006007>
https://discussions.apple.com/message/24017410#24017410

1854 Views 12 Replies Latest reply
<https://discussions.apple.com/message/24062305?tstart=0#24062305>
Dec 8, 2013 4:00 PM by Tom Gewecke

Dec 3, 2013 3:01 PM

My new Macbook Pro retina came with Mavericks, and after I installed
Office for Mac 2011 (updated to v 14.3.9) I discovered that I can no
longer convert traditional Chinese to simplified and vice versa in the
document. This also happened to my old Macbook (late 2008 aluminum
unibody) after upgrading to Mavericks from Snow Leopard. The conversion
command does not show up under the Service-tab anymore. How do I fix that?
I work as a Chinese translator and constantly handling large documents in
Chinese. I need that function especially in Word! It drives me nuts when I
have to copy and paste back and forth different programs just to get the
documents converted. Please advise as soon as possible.