MCLC: Asymptote summer 2014

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jul 16 09:31:14 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Asymptote Journal <editors at asymptotejournal.com>
Subject: Asymptote summer 2014

Unveiling the Summer Asymptote!

http://asymptotejournal.com <http://asymptotejournal.com/>
Chinese highlights:

- Dylan Suher's review of Qiu Miaojin's Last Words from Montmartre.

- A new nonfiction by Uyghur writer, "Life of a Mimic" tr. Jim Weldon

- "Misty school" poet Wang Xiaoni, from Something Crosses My Mind, tr.
Eleanor Goodman. Goodman recently read these poems at our Shanghai event,
documented here: http://www.asymptotejournal.com/events.php?e=18

- A new poem, "Wall," by Sun Dong, translated by Josh Stenberg

Other highlights include:

Latin American heavyweights César Aira, Sergio Chejfec, Rául Zurita, and
Cristina Perri Rossi alongside emerging voices from the continent.
Discover new work such as: Japanese surrealist poetry translated by Mary
Jo Bang and Yuki Tanaka, an interview with Amit Chaudhuri on Tagore, an
essay by Daniel Hahn, an excerpt of Violette Leduc's now-uncensored 1954
novel, and fiction by 2013 EU Literature Prizewinner Faruk Šehić, who also
gives a reading in Bosnian on video.

As always, our new issue is available for free here:

http://asymptotejournal.com

Watch this issue's video trailer (English): http://youtu.be/DfWuSkViArI
(Chinese): http://youtu.be/_UjBkt5gqkA

Watch this space for our announcement about two Asymptote events at the
Hong Kong Literature Festival this November.

Or you can keep up with daily updates about world literature at our blog
here: http://asymptotejournal.com/blog

We're recruiting! Available openings here:
http://www.asymptotejournal.com/join.php

Want to help us reach our funding goal?
http://www.asymptotejournal.com/donate.php

The official mailer for our July 2014 edition is here:
http://www.asymptotejournal.com/view_edm.php?id=27

Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Asymptotejournal

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/asymptotejrnl

Our Weibo: http://www.weibo.com/3026657265/