MCLC: Asymptote in Shanghai

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 28 09:03:52 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Lee Yew Leong <editors at asymptotejournal.com>
Subject: Asymptote in Shanghai

Dear esteemed list members,

Asymptote, a journal of world literature, is partnering with NYU Shanghai
to celebrate our 3rd anniversary event, and we'd like invite those of you
in Shanghai to come out and be part of our first-ever appearance
(tentatively scheduled for 30 Mar) in this city. If you are a literary
translator and would like to be invited as a guest speaker (to present
your work), or know someone who might be, please get in touch.

So far, we've featured George Szirtes and Boyd Tonkin in London (Jan 17),
Eliot Weinberger and Jeffrey Yang in New York (Jan 21), Robert Perisic and
Seid Serdarevic in Zagreb (Feb 3), Karen Thornber and Ellen Elias-Bursac
in Boston (Feb 26). Here's a video trailer of the above events:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFCPqRKmvU

and here's a link to the photo albums of the first three events:

https://www.facebook.com/Asymptotejournal/photos_albums

Over March and April, apart from the Shanghai event, we will be presenting
Vincent Kling in Philadelphia, Chris Andrews in Sydney, Katy Derbyshire in
Berlin and Lisa Rose Bradford in Buenos Aires, among other fantastic guest
speakers.

We are also conducting a book raffle from our AWP location (booth H5), if
you happen to be in Seattle today and tomorrow!

If you are not in any of these cities, you can still help us celebrate
vicariously by reading our 2014 Winter issue, available for free here:

http://asymptotejournal.com

This mega issue features new translations by J.M. Coetzee and Rosmarie
Waldrop, interviews with Yoshitomo Nara and Adam Thirlwell, an essay by
Michael Hofmann, dispatches from Darfur and Syria, poems by Emilio Villa
and Hai Zi, as well as Korean Hangul Text Art. You can also find the
winners of our first translation contest judged by Eliot Weinberger and
Howard Goldblatt.

To follow us on Facebook, go to:

http://facebook.com/asymptotejournal

Thank you, one and all.