MCLC: dynasties mnemonic song (2,3)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 14 08:56:34 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Nick Admussen <nadmusse at yahoo.com>
Subject: dynasties mnemonic song (2)

Hi, Yong Ho (and everyone).

My intro course studies the Japanese war in some detail, as an important
part of what shaped later 20th century Chinese history, so I felt ok about
including it -- this is mentioned explicitly in the little paragraph under
the video (the Liao are also, in a completely different way, quite
different from more normative dynasties).

I take the point, though, that it's not exactly a 'dynasties song' -- the
Warring States wasn't a dynasty, either -- let's say perhaps a "song with
dynasties in it." I will assuredly retool the course lectures in shame if
I get any final examinations that contain the phrase "Japan dynasty".

Thanks for the question!

Nick Admussen

From: kirk (denton.2 at osu.edu)
Subject: dynasties mnemonic song (3)

To set the record straight, I was the one who gave Nick's posting the
subject line "dynasties mnemonic song." Nick himself refers to it as a
"Chinese history song."

Kirk