MCLC: Hu Jintao message to the pope?

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Dec 31 08:27:50 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
Hu Jintao message to the pope?
Dear friends and colleagues,
I apologize for this message directed to the community at large, but I am writing to you in search for help.
A few years ago, in a conference, an older colleague of mine with whom I cannot at the moment get in touch, mentioned a message of congratulation from Hu Jintao to the Vatican for the election of the new pope Ratzinger. In this message, if I am recall correctly, Hu congratulated the pope as a leader of one the oldest existing institutions in the world (the Chinese state) to the other (the Vatican).
I am not able to recover this message, and I am not really sure I am looking in the right places in order to find such a document. Is there anybody in this mailing list who could help me with that, or at least give me a hint or a direction?
Thank you very much for your help, please feel free to write to me privately.
Lorenzo Andolfatto
by denton.2 at osu.edu on December 31, 2014