MCLC: Epiphany winter 2014

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Dec 20 12:39:14 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
Epiphany winter 2014
Dear list members,
Some of you asked me to let everyone know when the Winter 2014 issue of Epiphany came out. It is now available for order here. I was lucky enough to be able to source the issue’s twelve poetry translations entirely through a single call here at MCLC — we had, in fact, more excellent submissions than we had space in the issue. The featured poets and translators are:
Chun Sue (春树), tr. Martin Winter
Haizi (海子), tr. Nick Kaldis
Han Dong (韩东), tr. Nicky Harman
Hsia Yü (夏宇), tr. Steve Bradbury
Huang Lihai (黄礼孩), tr. Song Zijiang
Liu Waitong (廖伟棠), tr. Audrey Heijns
Mu Cao (墓草), tr. Scott E. Myers
Sai Sai (西西), tr. Jennifer Feeley
Xiao Kaiyu (肖开愚), tr. Christopher Lupke
Yao Feng (姚風), tr. Tam Hio Man and Kit Kelen
Some excerpts and samples can be found here. The issue also features contemporary English-language poetry (which I also selected) as well as American and European fiction, nonfiction, memoir and art.
Thanks to the poets and translators and thanks to Kirk and the community for enabling the wider circulation of Chinese poetry!
Sincerely,
Nick Admussen
Assistant Professor of Chinese Literature
Cornell University
by denton.2 at osu.edu on December 20, 2014