MCLC: Business Translation Journal--cfp

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Dec 5 09:34:44 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
Business Translation Journal–cfp
Business Translation Journal 商務翻譯研究學刊
Call for Papers
Business Translation Journal (BTJ) is a twice-yearly peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the publication of recent and original research papers in all areas of business translation from theoretical and/or empirical perspectives. We want to encourage the construction of a bridge between the academia and the professional community on the outside, and to explore the use of translation in the business sectors. It is also critical that cultural and linguistic approaches to the solution of translation problems are applied in conjunction with the points of view and expertise of colleagues from other disciplines.
Based on sound research, BTJ aims to communicate theories, research methods, results, and case examples through its publications. The language of publication is English and/or Chinese. The first two issues will seek to define the field of business translation. The third issue and onwards will be special issues; the topics we have in mind now include computer-aided translation, legal translation and negotiation interpreting. We would appreciate any innovative ideas for future topics.
We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the inaugural issues:
1.         Submission deadline:
31 January 2015 (The 1st issue; Estimated publication: Summer 2015)
30 April 2015 (The 2nd issue; Estimated publication: Winter 2015)
2.         Submission by post or electronic mail is both acceptable, although the latter is preferred, at the following address:
Business Translation Journal
School of Translation
Hang Seng Management College
Hang Shin Link, Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin, Hong Kong
Email:  btj at hsmc.edu.hk
2.         Please follow The Chicago Manual of Style wherever possible.
3.         Electronic copy should be in MS Word or compatible format with any and all inclusions. Tables, charts or images may be inserted in the text document or be included as separate files.
4.         If your article is in Chinese, please include an English abstract of around 200 words and an English bio of yourself of around 100 words.
5.         We also welcome reviews on recent books and computer software related to business translation, as well as short articles by scholars, teachers and practitioners on the latest developments in the field of business translation.
6.         Suggested word count:
Research article—Not more than 8,000 words (excl. bibliography)
Book or computer software review—Not more than 1,500 words
Short article—Not more than 1,000 words—Not more than 2,000 words
For further information, please contact Dr. Shelby Chan (shelbychan at hsmc.edu.hk), Managing Editor of Business Translation Journal.
by denton.2 at osu.edu on December 5, 2014