MCLC: Dartmouth position

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:02:42 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: gerard bohlen <gerard.bohlen at dartmouth.edu>
Subject: Dartmouth position

Assistant Professor, Chinese Language and Literature, Dartmouth
CollegeSuggested PostThe Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Languages
and Literatures invites applications for a tenure-track position at the
Assistant Professor rank in Chinese Language and Literature. Appointment
will become effective July 1, 2015, with teaching duties beginning in
September 2015. Applicants for this position must have native or near
native proficiency in English and Modern Standard Chinese, and a Ph.D. in
hand by the time of appointment.

The field of specialization is open, but we have particular interest in
candidates working in traditional fiction, modern literature, and/or film.
It is our hope that the appointee will share our vision of treating
language and literature courses as integrated components of an
undergraduate liberal arts curriculum. In addition, candidates should have
a demonstrated commitment to foreign language instruction and must be
able, willing, and enthusiastic about teaching both Chinese literature in
English translation and Chinese language courses at all levels. The
successful candidate will participate in administering the Chinese
language program and will direct the annual twelve-week Summer Foreign
Study Program in Beijing once every 2 or 3 years.

Applicants should submit, via email, a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and
writing sample (about 25 pages) to

http://apply.interfolio.com/25825

Three letters of recommendation should be e-mailed via Interfolio
separately.

The review of applications will begin in mid-November 2014. Preliminary
interviews will be conducted via Skype. Questions should be directed to
Chinese Search Committee Chair Hua-yuan Li Mowry at:
Hua-yuan.L.Mowry at Dartmouth.edu.

Dartmouth College combines a commitment to innovative scholarship with
dedication to excellent teaching. With an even distribution of male and
female students and over a third of the undergraduate student population
from minority groups, Dartmouth is committed to diversity and encourages
applications from women, minorities, veterans and people with
disabilities.​