MCLC: Asymptote translation contest

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri May 31 09:07:22 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Lee Yew Leong <editors at asymptotejournal.com>
Subject: Asymptote translation contest

ASYMPTOTE'S TRANSLATION CONTEST (FIRST PRIZE: 1,000 USD)
JUDGED BY HOWARD GOLDBLATT AND ELIOT WEINBERGER

Would you like to be in a magazine that has published new translations of
Shen Congwen, Liao Yiwu, Xi Chuan and Yang Mu, presented a Sinophone "20
under 40," and interviewed Yiyun Li, Hsia Yü and, for the upcoming issue,
Can Xue? Would you like your work seen and judged by our contributing
editor Howard Goldblatt (fiction) and Bei Dao's current translator Eliot
Weinberger (poetry)? Most importantly, is there an untranslated or
little-translated writer that you are desperately, maddeningly determined
to bring to the attention of the English-speaking world?

Then submit to "Close Approximations," Asymptote's first ever contest for
emerging translators! Thanks to your generous support of our IndieGogo
campaign, we can make it worth your while: the winner of each category
will receive 1,000 USD, as well as the opportunity to publish with
Asymptote.

So polish up that desk drawer full of worked-over and scribbled-on
manuscripts. The deadline is September 1st, 2013. For more information and
contest rules, check out our guidelines here:
http://asymptotejournal.com/contest.php
<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fasymptotejournal.com%2Fcontes
t.php&h=VAQFm2K7X&s=1>

Read all our past issues for free here: