MCLC: NZASIA 2013--cfp extension

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu May 16 09:06:12 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: NZASIA 2013 <nzasia2013 at auckland.ac.nz>
Subject: NZASIA 2013--cfp extension

NZASIA 2013 - Abstract submission extended / Theme update

Thank you to those of you who have already submitted abstracts.

We are delighted to announce that abstract submission for NZASIA 2013 has
been extended to 10 June.

The conference theme is 'Environment, Dis/location and Cultural Space'.

Our focus is to explore the multiplicity of intersections which arise from
a multidisciplinary consideration of the navigation, creation,
articulation, and representation of environment in Asia.  Our aim is to
consider and interpret the concept of environment through multiple
perspectives and interpretations.

Conference presenters who are interested in contributing to this theme are
invited to consider:

* The construction and understanding of spatial meanings, including but
not limited to geographical, social, physical, psychological, cultural,
juridical, and historical space.

* The ways that these become dislocated or relocated in resonance with
innovation, change and conflict.

At the same time NZASIA 2013 welcomes presentations from the full range of
disciplines and research related to the study of Asia, as is the usual
practice at NZASIA conferences.  The choice of theme is to encourage
papers with a shared research focus and does not preclude panels, papers
and presentations that range across all the perspectives which inform the
breadth of scholarship in Asian Studies.

Fully developed papers on the theme will be considered for a publication
deriving from the conference.  More information on this will be available
in due course on our website.

To submit your abstract, please click here
<http://www.nzasia2013.org.nz/abstracts/> and read the instructions.  You
can then click on the submission link.

Please note: For optimal viewing we recommend you use Internet Explorer,
Apple Safari, or Netscape Navigator.

Submitters will be notified of the results of the abstract review in mid
July.

Don't hesitate to contact me with any inquiries.

Kind regards,

Sue Maloney
Conference Coordinator
The University of Auckland