MCLC: Warhol's Mao works censored in China (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri May 3 10:02:09 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Davide Vona <d.vona at tiscali.it>
Subject: Warhol's Mao works censored in China (1)

Instead of saying:

³We had hoped to include our Mao paintings in the exhibition to show
Warhol¹s keen interest in Chinese culture,² said Andy Warhol Museum
director Eric Shiner in a statement. He added, ³We understand that certain
imagery is still not able to be shown in China and we respect our host
institutions¹ decisions.²

It would be more appreciated if Mr. Shiner honestly said:

"We understand that certain imagery is still not able to be shown in China
but we love our host money and because of that we will follow
institutions¹ decisions.²

Davide Vona
d.vona at tiscali.it