MCLC: China in the 21st Century, 2nd edition

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 17 10:07:59 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Maura Cunningham <maura.cunningham at uci.edu>
Subject: China in the 21st Century, 2nd edition

List members might be interested to hear that there is a second edition of
Jeff Wasserstrom’s China in the 21st Century: What Everyone Needs to Know
now available from Oxford University Press (written by Jeff, with me as a
contributing author). Though the official publication date isn’t for a few
weeks yet, the new edition is now shipping from Amazon and other
retailers. More information available through the links below:

Oxford UP page on the book:
http://global.oup.com/academic/product/china-in-the-21st-century-9780199974
962;jsessionid=1C38FF414E57BD06112543C134D785E4?cc=us&lang=en&

Ebooks are available for Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/China-21st-Century-Everyone-ebook/dp/B00CTMXCX4/ref=t
mm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1371438659&sr=8-2

and Nook:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/china-in-the-21st-century-jeffrey-n-wassers
trom/1017017233?ean=9780199974993

A blog post that I wrote describing how the new edition differs from the
old:

http://mauracunningham.org/2013/06/07/new-arrival/

And finally, a commentary that Jeff and I co-wrote for Pacific Standard
magazine, on the issues we imagine might keep Xi Jinping awake at night,
which is adapted from Chapter 6 of the new edition:

http://www.psmag.com/politics/xi-jinping-at-home-and-away-59914/

Maura Elizabeth Cunningham