MCLC: MCAA 2013--final cfp

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Jun 7 09:36:14 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: MCAA 2013 <mcaa2013 at msu.edu>
Subject: MCAA 2013--final cfp

Asian Studies Faculty, Students and Scholars…

Call for Papers Deadline is Saturday, June 15, 2013

Midwest Conference on Asian Affairs (MCAA)
October 25 – 27, 2013
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI

MCAA is the largest regional conference of the Association for Asian
Studies (AAS) and will bring scholars from a wide range of disciplines to
East Lansing this fall.

Please visit the “Call for Papers” link on our conference website,
available at:

http://asia.isp.msu.edu/MCAA/conference_2013/conf_home.htm

On that page, you will find links for individual paper, roundtable, and
panel proposals, as well as a new format option: the “diamond”
presentation.  This innovative format, which we are trying for the first
time (borrowing it from the American Folklore Society), has each presenter
speak for seven minutes while slides rotate every twenty seconds.

Conference attendance is open to anyone even if you prefer not to deliver
a paper. The 2013 MCAA offers opportunities to exchange ideas and learn
about Asia and its constituent regions, states, and societies by attending
panels, lectures, exhibitions, banquets and performances.

Conference registration will open on August 1, 2013.

Questions?

Contact Professor Ethan Segal, Program Chair for questions about the
program and presentations at mcaa2013 at msu.edu.

Contact Julie Hagstrom, Assistant Director of Asian Studies Center, for
questions about logistics and conference site information
atmcaa2013 at msu.edu.