MCLC: Beyond Gangnam Style conference

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 22 09:46:25 EST 2013

MCLC LIST
From: <eastcon at Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Beyond Gangnam Style conference

Hi East Asian Department Professors,

We're publicizing an undergraduate conference about East Asian Popular
Culture and we were wondering if you could help us out. This year¹s theme
will be Beyond Gangnam Style: K-pop and the Rise of Asian Pop Music, and
we think it would be an awesome opportunity to get various student
organizations to come to Princeton!

Here¹s our website for more information/speaker bios/schedule:
https://eastcon.princeton.edu/ .

Check us out on Facebook and Twitter!
http://www.facebook.com/PrincetonEastCon?fref=ts,https://twitter.com/Prince
tonEastCo

Could you forward the following to your members?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Princeton EastCon

Princeton University's first annual East Asian Popular Culture conference
(April 26-27, 2013) is currently accepting registrations to participate in
this undergraduate conference. For our first annual theme, we will look at
the contemporary music scene, including the Kpop artists who have been the
focus of global attention, as well as the popular and underground music of
Japan China, Korea, and elsewhere. Please consider coming for an amazing
opportunity to discuss with a group of other interested students.Check
this video out to learn more:

http://youtu.be/bwmPoLbafQY.

Please see our website for more information and to register:

http://eastcon.princeton.edu/

Lastly, we¹d love to get your input on extra activities we are still in
the process of planning. Please spare 30 seconds so we can make this
conference a wonderful experience for you:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UEZP0HKioCFudZDvrfB27-QIwgkDbpi3uifbLC
JdY5k/viewform

Thanks!

Princeton EastCon