MCLC: Pan Yutong (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 1 09:05:51 EST 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Brian Bernards <bernards at usc.edu>
Subject: Pan Yutong (1)

Two secondary sources on Pan Yutong (in Chinese) that I have benefited
from in my own research include:

A chapter entitled 憂鬱的浮雕: 論當代馬華散文的雨林書寫 (Sculpture of
sadness: Rainforest
writing in contemporary Sinophone Malaysian prose) by Choong Yee Voon 鍾怡雯
(Zhong Yiwen) in her 2004 book 無盡的追尋: 當代散文的詮釋與批評 (An eternal
pursuit:
Interpretation and criticism of contemporary prose)

A chapter entitled 潘雨桐的“續篇﹣後設”互文性 (Pan Yutong's Intertextuality
of "Sequel
and Metafiction") by Khor Boon Eng 許文榮 (Xu Wenrong) in his 2004 book 南方
喧嘩:馬
華文學的政治抵抗詩學 (Uproar in the South: The poetics of
politicalresistance
inSinophone Malaysian literature)

Like the two chapters above, most studies on Pan's writing have come from
Taiwan and Malaysia.  Other than a few Ph.D. dissertations, very little
has been written about Pan's work in English.  If I am able to retrieve
his updated contact info, I will pass that on to you off-list.  Good luck.

Brian Bernards
USC