MCLC: children's books (2)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Aug 31 11:07:15 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Judith M. Amory <jmamory at post.harvard.edu>
Subject: children's books (2)

I've received a lot of helpful suggestions offlist, so I'll try to
summarize them for others who might have the same needs.

Melissa Dale suggested Chinasprout, http://www.chinasprout.com/education.
I thought they only had books for younger children, or adopted Chinese
children who are not native speakers. But in fact, I was pleasantly
surprised to find a number of middle school level books.

Helen Wang mentioned two that she has translated, but that are easily
available in Chinese: Jackal and Wolf by Shen Shixi, and An Unusual
Princess by Wu Meizhen.

And in fact, these books are available on a website recommended by Hongmei
Yu: http://w.jd.com/product/Chinese-books/11248826.html.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Judy Amory (jmamory at post.harvard.edu)