MCLC: suicide in literature and media?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 1 09:00:57 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Liz Maggs <lizmaggs27 at gmail.com>
Subject: suicide in literature and media?

I am a PhD student researching the presentation of suicide in Chinese
literature and media. I was hoping to ask this community for assistance in
data collection. I am asking for any titles of traditional and
contemporary Chinese literature, media, films, plays, short stories, tv
series etc. that contain suicide or mention/discussion of suicide. For
example the famous novels Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Dream of Red
Chamber  both contain many suicides and suicide references, and the
traditional opera Farewell my Concubine and subsequent contemporary film
of the same title also contain several suicides. Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated, and any/all suicide references are welcomed, not only
main character or main plot-line suicides, and from any form of media.
Please send any references to lizmaggs27 at gmail.com

Thank you in advance,

Liz