MCLC: Duchamp and/or/in China (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 26 08:43:14 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Sean Macdonald <smacdon2005 at gmail.com>
Subject: Duchamp and/or/in China (1)

Wish I could see the exhibit. Selavy was such a beauty (Marcel Duchamp
looked good in drag, you could say). I had a bicycle wheel named Marcel
when I was in college. But friends kept bumping their heads on him, so I
took it down.

I always thought Bourdieu was a bit too cynical about Duchamp. But didn't
Duchamp live off his Picabia paintings while he played chess and gave
French lessons in New York? I suppose his influence is great.

"DUCHAMP and/or/in CHINA," I notice they did not add "on." Who knows,
maybe something will turn up.

Sean