MCLC: Paper Republic newsletter

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 19 09:02:37 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Paper Republic <news at paper-republic.org>
Subject: Paper Republic newsletter

If you would prefer to read this online, click here
<http://paper-republic.org/newsletters/paper-republic-book-market-reports/q
2-a15a575400209e34e17e/>.

We're very pleased to announce that Paper Republic has partnered with
China Book Business Report and Shanghai Eastern Book Data to begin
producing monthly reports on the Chinese book market
<http://paper-republic.org/newsletters/tracking/link/paper-republic-book-ma
rket-reports/q2-a15a575400209e34e17e/312/>. The reports consist of
bestseller lists (general and by category, both overall and for
newly-published books), general market analysis, and rankings of Chinese
publishing houses according to a variety of indicators.
There are a few different subscription options, please feel free to
contact us directly
<http://paper-republic.org/newsletters/tracking/link/paper-republic-book-ma
rket-reports/q2-a15a575400209e34e17e/76/>(or just respond to this email)
for more details.

These reports are something we've been planning for quite some time, and
we're confident they'll be indispensable to anyone wanting an in-depth
familiarity with the book market in China, and an up-to-date window on how
it's changing.

We've created a sample monthly report for December, 2012, which you can
download here
<http://paper-republic.org/newsletters/tracking/link/paper-republic-book-ma
rket-reports/q2-a15a575400209e34e17e/307/>(PDF).
As a bonus, we've also produced an overview of the Chinese publishing
industry for 2011, which you can download here
<http://paper-republic.org/newsletters/tracking/link/paper-republic-book-ma
rket-reports/q2-a15a575400209e34e17e/308/>(PDF).

We're excited about this initiative! The lack of timely information about
what's going on in China has been a major stumbling block for many
potential connections between the Chinese and international publishing
industries ­ this ought to go quite some way to remedying that.

If you would like to unsubscribe to this newsletter, click here
<http://paper-republic.org/newsletters/mailing/unsubscribe/paper-republic-b
ook-market-reports/q2-a15a575400209e34e17e/>.