MCLC: Reed position

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 25 08:59:10 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Karin Purdy <purdyk at reed.edu>
Subject: Reed position

Reed College seeks applications for a two-year visiting position in
Chinese Religion for the 2013-15 academic years, to commence August 2013.
Appointments are normally made at the assistant professor level.

We seek outstanding, critically self-reflective candidates, and we
look for experience in teaching as well as the ability to advise student
research projects on a wide range of topics in religious studies.

Reed College is a selective liberal arts institution with a commitment
to high standards of scholarship and teaching excellence in a seminar
setting. The appointee will be expected to teach the equivalent of five
one-semester courses over the academic year, and this will include
teaching in the team-taught yearlong Chinese humanities program devoted
to the Han and Song dynasties. The position also involves supervising
yearlong senior thesis projects.

While a PhD is preferred, candidates who are ABD in Religion will also
be considered for appointment.  The Religion Department is using
Interfolio to collect faculty job applications electronically.  Through
Interfolio, please submit a cover letter, CV and three letters of
recommendation. For more information and application instructions, see
https://secure.interfolio.com/apply/16509.  Because Reed College is a
community that values cultural and intellectual diversity as essential
to the excellence of our academic program, we also encourage candidates
to convey in their cover letter or other application materials how their
specific contributions to campus diversity might support the commitment
to diversity and inclusion articulated in the College's diversity
statement (http://www.reed.edu/diversity/).  Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled, but they should be received by 1
December 2012 to guarantee full consideration.  For further information
about this position, please contact K.E. Brashier (ken.brashier at reed.edu).

Karin Purdy
Faculty Searches & Orientation
Office of the Dean of Faculty