MCLC: UC Santa Barbara position

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 6 09:22:34 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Catherine Nesci <cnesci at frit.ucsb.edu>
Subject: UC Santa Barbara position

Let me introduce myself. I am the Chair of the Comparative Literature
Program at UC Santa Barbara

We are looking for a lecturer who could teach a course on modern Chinese
literature in the fall. Here is the general description of the course:
"C LIT 31. Major Works of Asian Literatures: An introduction to the diverse
literary traditions of Asia through an examination of selected works.
Regional focus on East, South, and Southeast Asia varies."

The focus, this coming quarter, is on modern and contemporary Chinese and
Taiwanese literature. Books assigned include: AL WEIWEI'S BLOG, SHEN's
BORDER TOWN, LAU's COLUMBIA ANTHOLOGY OF MOD.CHINESE LIT., XUN's REAL STORY
OF AH-Q+OTHER TALES OF CHINA, LAO's RICKSHAW BOY, XINGJIAN's SOUL MOUNTAIN.

Our academic year starts on Thursday Sept. 27, and we have 100 enrolled
students and two Teaching Assistants assigned to teach the course
discussions. The schedule of the main lectures will be good for a commuter
from LA: Tuesdays & Thursdays 11:00-12:15pm.

Qualified and interested instructors, please write to: cnesci at frit.ucsb.edu
for information.

Sincerely,

Catherine Nesci, Chair, Comparative Literature Program
& Professor of French Studies, Affiliate in Feminist Studies
Professional Address:
Comparative Literature Program, 4206 Phelps Hall
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4130
Tel:(1) 805.893-3161;Fax: (1)805.893-8341
http://www.complit.ucsb.edu/