MCLC: Middle Period China conference--cfp

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu May 24 09:06:10 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: kirk (denton.2 at osu.edu)
Subject: Middle Period China conference--cfp

Announcing an International Interdisciplinary Conference on Middle Period
China, 800-1400, planned for early June 2014 at Harvard

Call for Paper Proposals

This three/four-day conference is open to scholars in all fields--history,
literature, art, archaeology, philosophy, religion--and from all
countries. The optional fourth day will offer participants opportunities
to learn computation methods and databases.

All papers presented will be permanently archived online and entered into
bibliographies. Some papers will be selected for further refinement and
inclusion in a thematic (e-) book.

Scholars and graduate students writing dissertations who would like to
present research papers at this conference should submit a proposal
consisting of a one-page abstract and a one-page CV.

To prepare our requests for funding we need lots of exciting proposals.
Give us the evidence that innovative research is being done on this period
and help us show that scholars in different disciplines have much to gain
from talking to each other. The more good proposals that we get, the more
participants we will be able to fund.

Deadline for paper proposals: July 15, 2012

Please send proposals as email attachments to both:

Patricia Ebrey ebrey at uw.edu

and

Peter Bol pkbol at fas.harvard.edu