MCLC: new Liao Yiwu cd/dvd

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jun 5 09:28:44 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: martin winter (dujuan99 at gmail.com)
Subject: new Liao Yiwu cd/dvd

Liao Yiwu has a CD/DVD coming out in September at Fast Fly Records, with
texts and lyrics in Chinese, English and German. Nicky Harman translated
into English, I translated into German, along with Marc Hermann. One
text is about a musical encounter in a village in Xinjiang. Another one
is about 20 years of 6.4. It's a great piece, very offhand. Some years
are marked by precise and detailed descriptions from jail and other
experiences. Others - "I don't know what I did that day, don't even know
where I was." And then at the end one of those years comes back,
remembering another poet, in his dying days.

We'll have a reading at Vienna University tomorrow, with a poem by 子尤
from 2003 and some stuff from Wienzeile magazine.

Martin