MCLC: Chinese Literature Today

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 6 10:12:47 EST 2012

MCLC LIST
From: jonathan stalling (stalling at ou.edu)
Subject: Chinese Literature Today

Dear MCLC list members,

I would like to invite you all to explore the latest issue of Chinese
Literature Today for free (print and or digital versions)!

As many of you know, CLT features both original literary works and
scholarly essays, poetry, short stories,  and novel excerpts, book reviews
(of titles in English and Chinese), interviews, and visual arts to provide
a unique coverage of Chinese contemporary cultural productions.

For a free copy of the magazine, visit
http://www.ou.edu/clt/free-sample-issue.html

In the latest issue:

€ Li Ang's short story ³Beef Noodles² and a revealing conversation between
 ²Bright² and ³Dark² Li Ang
€ An excerpt from Mo Yan's new novel, Sandalwood Death
€ Featured scholar and translator Howard Goldblatt, one of the most
important figures in East-West literature: an overview of his career and a
bold new self-interview (you can't miss this!)
€ The shifting landscapes of contemporary Chinese photography
€ Luo Qing and Che Qianzi: The rebirth of China's painter-poets
€ Traveling poetry and the presence of soul: new poems and an interview
with Wang Jiaxin

www.chineseliteraturetoday.com

Please visit our website to claim your free issue. Fill in all of the
requested fields and submit the form to receive your free issue (one free
issue per address and we are not counting the inaugural issue which many
of you may have received for free in the mail). After you receive the
issue you will receive a bill for the current special subscription rate
(for the following year just $10). If you do not wish to subscribe, just
write cancel on the bill and return it in a postage-paid envelope.

I hope that the list members will take advantage of this opportunity, and
I look forward to more contributions (essays, translations, reviews,
interviews) from MCLC list members in the future.

jonathan