MCLC: letters translation?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 5 09:15:29 EST 2012

MCLC LIST
From: kirk (denton.2 at osu.edu)
Subject: letters translation?

I'm posting this query on behalf of Sewell Chan, a journalist at the NY
Times. Please respond directly to Mr. Chan at the email below. I hope
someone will be able to help him on what sounds like an interesting and
worthwhile project.

Kirk

I'm a journalist in New York City pursuing a research project for which I
need precise, meticulous translations of a series of handwritten letters,
sent between the early 1970s and the early 1990s, from Guangdong Province
and Hong Kong. The translator should be totally comfortable reading
vernacular writing (both traditional and simplified characters) in a
Variety of cursive styles; some of the handwriting is messy. A scholarly
Interest in immigration and in social history is a plus, but not a
requirement. If interested, please send a CV to me directly, at
sewell at nytimes.com, with "translation" in the subject line.

Thank you.

Sewell Chan