MCLC: Yan'an Talks and art?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 3 08:34:13 EST 2012

MCLC LIST
From: florian wagner <florian.wagner at phil.stud.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject: Yan'an Talks and art?

Dear MCLC List Members,

I'd like to ask whether anyone can help me with finding some good (and
preferably recently published) materials (English/Chinese/German) on Mao's
Yan'an talks and their impact on the Chinese art world of the second half
of the 20th century? I am conducting some research on their influence on
Chinese art (in the pre-reform-era as well as "contemporary Chinese art"
after 1978), so if there is any information you can share it would be
highly appreciated! But apart from this somehow narrowed focus I'm also
interested in some more or less general materials on those Yan'an talks,
especially if they include some preferably more recent research.

Many thanks in advance for your responses to this inquiry!

Best wishes for 2012,

Florian Wagner