MCLC: Hibiscus Town?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 20 12:08:50 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: kirk (denton.2 at osu.edu)
Subject: Hibiscus Town?

I believe I've made this request before on the list, but I'll try again.
Does anyone know where I can purchase a DVD of Xie Jin's film Hibiscus
Town. The copy must have English subtitles. I've tried YesAsia and Amazon,
etc., with no luck. Our library has a VHS version with subtitles that we
purchased years ago from Nanhai, but the quality is so bad it cannot be
used in class. Decent quality versions of the film are available online,
but they don't have English subtitles. If you know of a good quality
version with subtitles that can be streamed online, that would be
acceptable too.

Any ideas would be appreciated.