MCLC: Beijing Independent Film Fest (2)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Sun Aug 19 13:29:23 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Rujie Wang <rwang at wooster.edu>
Subject: Beijing Independent Film Fest (2)

I went there yesterday the opening day in Songzhuang. The opening remarks
went on for good 30 minutes, and then the first feature film by Huang Ji
entitled Egg and Stone. Half way there was a power outage. When we came
out, cops were all over. It was believed that someone pulled the plugs and
many indie film directors and camera men had to argue with the person in
charge of the "Songzhuang creative industry cluster" and convince her that
the screenings were for education purposes.

Nowadays a good deal of screenplay and production are done independent of
the "Bureau of media and film broadcast" (guang dian ju). It is probably
very irritating to the people in charge if they had no control over
screening that is moving more and more into the private venues such as
Songzhuang. I was told that power outage is to be expected when authority
is not properly consulted and respected. Year ago, some nudists had their
day of performing arts and the cops had to put blankets on them.

Songzhuang is soon to become another 798, except three times the size.

我查到排片表:
http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4de4188djw1dvxf39ta7cj.jpg

排片表:http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4de4188djw1dvxf39ta7cj.jpg

周六开幕式影片:鸡蛋与石头